Friday, January 04, 2008

rufus - ouch

I love this by Rob Rufus:
"Truth by itself is a very dangerous thing. Fundementalism is very crude and very harsh and it's done more damage to the world than anything else. Jesus Christ didn't just come with truth - He came with grace."

HT:DB

I remember when we finally had to come to grips with the church situation in Germany and we joined a Baptist church. I never thought I would see the day but I found comfort when I heard the pastor-teacher say, "Cessationism is the greatest lie causing the greatest damage that we Baptists have pushed on the church."

Whether cessationism or any other "ism", we have to be very careful not to teach more than what the Bible teaches and even then we have to remember to always season our zeal with grace.

No comments:

reftagger