Monday, May 08, 2006

outreach belgian style

In his article "Allah Takes Over Church" in The Brussels Journal, Paul Belien reveals some interesting "goings on" in Belgium. According to Belien, Bishops there are opening church buildings for illegal Muslim squatters. On the surface, it looks very wrong. What is not clear is the motive behind this. I wonder if this is intended to be compassion toward the downtrodden or an attempt to expose Muslims to Christian values or ???

I suspect it is nothing more than the church trying to manipulate politics mixed with an ignorance of the differences between Islam and Christianity. From my side, one "no" vote.

What do you think? Is there an angle to be considered that would make this ok? I think I can imagine one but I'd like to hear from you.

No comments:

reftagger